Best SaaS for Business. Part III. B2B SaaS
We’re here, we made it! The third and final installment of our three-part series is here where we explore the best SaaS tools for businesses, from startups to enterprise, to B2B, which is the focus of this final installment.
B2B SaaS tools encompass cloud-based software that businesses use for different tasks such as productivity, marketing, accounting, customer relationship management, and more. Because these are often mission-critical, companies subscribe to these B2B SaaS solutions and pay on a subscription-based model, usually month-by-month or yearly.
In fact, statistics show that by 2022, 78% of companies will run purely on B2B SaaS tools, which ties into the growth achieved in 2020 which amounted to $76 billion for the public SaaS market.
Let’s explore the best SaaS tools out there for businesses looking to leverage some of the world’s most effective providers.
Here we go!
B2B sells products and/or services to other companies, “business to business,” hence B2B for short. Now, when adding SaaS into the mix, B2B SaaS refers to companies that offer software solutions to other companies as a service. The goal of B2B SaaS solutions is to effectively and efficiently deploy technology that assists businesses in their day-to-day, mission-critical operations.
By moving B2B processes to the cloud, companies immediately reduce costs, human resources, and hardware requirements. Given the intrinsic value of moving to the cloud, many companies are using SaaS software to optimize their core service offerings like planning, supply chain, marketing, customer service, sales, software development, human capital management, and more—all stemming from the need to stay nimble and responsive to growing and changing business demands.
If we say B2B SaaS, one of the biggest names that comes to mind is Google and rightly so. The tech giant has positioned itself as one of the biggest cloud service providers for companies, dominating the market with their powerful SaaS solutions. Of course, there are other B2B SaaS companies like Microsoft, Slack, Adobe, and more, so it’s clear that the field is highly competitive.
Based on a G2 Crowd report that condensed customer reviews, online sources, and social media presence, here are some of the most prominent B2B SaaS companies.
Multi-product and service providers
- Microsoft. Software products and services, as well as hardware. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, SharePoint, Skype, Xbox, and more.
- Google. Software products, services, and hardware that include online advertising, the world’s most popular search engine, cloud computing, smartphones, and more. Products include Google Analytics, Kubernetes, YouTube, Gmail, Android Studio, and more.
- Cisco. Instant-based networking, cloud, and end-to-end cybersecurity, automation, and analytics solutions. Flagship products include Webex Meetings, Jabber, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco Meraki, and more.
- Adobe. Digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software. Top products include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Dreamweaver, to name a few.
- Salesforce. Sales accelerator that automates tasks and helps users make smarter decisions to grow businesses faster. Salesforce CRM offers Lead & Contact Management, Sales Opportunity Management, Workflow Rules & Automation, and more.
- HubSpot. CRM platform for scaling companies that serves as a single source of truth for managing customer relationships. The hub also includes Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, and CMS Hub.
- Zoom. Secure, reliable, video platform that powers communication needs, including meetings, chat, phone, webinars, and online events.
- Atlassian. SaaS provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. Products include Trello, JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Smartsheet. Online project management and collaboration tool. A spreadsheet-like interface that offers seamless file sharing and workflows.
- Asana. Project management tool that helps organizations manage and coordinate their work by making plans, processes, and responsibilities clear.
- ActiveCampaign. Customer experience automation platform that offers pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across channels.
- SurveyMonkey. Web-based survey solutions that help gather insights so organizations can make informed decisions.
- Canva. Online tool to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and other visual content.
- Mailchimp. All-in-one marketing platform that helps businesses grow faster by providing AI-powered, user-friendly tools to automate messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online.
- ZoomInfo. Comprehensive business database embedded with best-in-class technology to fuel go-to-market strategies from beginning to end, providing a 360-degree view of customers, prospects, and opportunities.
Cloud content collaboration
- Dropbox. Solution that brings files together in a central location so they’re easy to find and safely synced across all devices.
- Automation Anywhere. Automation software to make reliable, easy to use, innovative, and intelligent solutions that facilitate automation for any business or IT process.
- UiPath. Hyper Automation platform that combines RPA with a full suite of capabilities that enable every organization to scale digital business operations at unprecedented speed.
Enterprise Resource Planning
- SAP ERP is a world-class enterprise resource planning platform from the SAP parent company that provides a proven foundation where clients can access critical data, applications, and analytical tools across processes such as procurement, manufacturing, sales, finance, HR, and more.
- Upwork Global. Work marketplace that helps connect businesses with independent talent around the globe.
- Paylocity. All-in-one HR platform that helps users manage payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce with technology-driven to deliver client success.
- Malwarebytes for Business. Cybersecurity platform that proactively protects organizations and their employees against advanced malicious threats including ransomware that traditional antivirus tools and other endpoint protection solutions miss.
- GitHub. Platform that allows developers to discover, share, and contribute software with the world. It includes tools for collaborative coding, automation and CI/CD, security, client apps, project management, team administration, and more.
Credit card processing
- PayPal. Online wallet that accepts all major payment types from customers with simple checkout buttons or fully customized checkout for scalable solutions for businesses of any size.
- WordPress. Online software where users can create websites or blogs with ease, for free, and quickly.
Contact center operations
- NICE CXone. Formerly known as NICE inContact, NICE is cloud contact center software. Thanks to Omnichannel Routing, analytics, workforce optimization, automation, and artificial intelligence, NICE empowers small businesses to provide stellar customer experiences.
That’s a wrap on our three-part series of articles focused on SaaS tools for businesses of all shapes and sizes. Growing businesses of any size are always looking for cost-effective and successful solutions that help them deliver value to their clients in a modern, streamlined, and optimized way. Cloud-based solutions are driving the next wave of digital transformation, so it makes perfect sense that companies are looking at SaaS tools as the be-all and end-all of tools to help them boost their productivity.
With this series, our goal was to shed light on some of the most important SaaS players out there for startups, enterprises, and B2B companies, with the latter being the focus of this article in particular.
At Svitla System, our team of SaaS experts are professionals who not only understand SaaS tools but have helped numerous clients implement them successfully in their day-to-day operations. If you’re looking for experienced consultants who can help you kick your digital transformation journey into high gear with a curated selection of the best SaaS tools for your business, please reach out to our Svitla Systems representatives so we can start charting your path forward.
Let's meet Svitla
We look forward to sharing our expertise, consulting you about your product idea, or helping you find the right solution for an existing project.
Your message is received. Svitla's sales manager of your region will contact you to discuss how we could be helpful.