JAVA BACKEND ENGINEER
JAVA BACKEND ENGINEER
Any city, Ukraine
- 2+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design.
- Experience with backend web development in Java. The team develops with Java, Tomcat, Linux, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Git.
- Excellent English language written and verbal skills and the ability to make progress on work independently.
- A want to learn and an open mind.
- The desire to move quickly, and an understanding that done is often a better option than perfect.
- Design and implement the technical solutions for projects.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications.
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship.
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of design reviews and code reviews.
- Participate in sprint planning, estimation sessions, and retrospectives to provide valuable feedback on the way the team is operating and how it could improve over time.
- Develop, deploy and maintain implementations of owner and consumer-facing features.
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance. Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.