Remote, Costa Rica
- Expertise in database design, development, and maintenance in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of data warehousing and multidimensional data models.
- Experience with data migration projects.
- Understanding designing high-performing reporting/analytical schemas.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and strong programming skills in Python or Java.
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to ingest, store, and process substantial amounts of education data (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured), including streaming and real-time, into a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Perform input on schema design for future reporting/analytical considerations.
- Provide support to development teams with database needs for new features/products.
- Build ETL/ELT base solutions for effective data ingestion, transformation, data pipelines, model deployment, and model monitoring. It includes end-to-end data orchestration, layering, governance, metadata management, and cataloging.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, or MySQL).
- Experience working on real-time data and streaming applications.
- Knowledge of data warehousing (Snowflake).
- Knowledge of SQL optimization.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Remote-friendly culture and no micromanagement.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- 15 vacation days, 10 national holidays, sick leaves.
- Udemy unlimited training account.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!
Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, Amplience, InvoiceASAP and Global Citizen. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.