MIDDLE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
MIDDLE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Science.
- Experience developing scalable, performant, fault-tolerant, reliable, and secure microservices.
- Knowledge of Java or familiarity with a JVM-based language and the ability to ramp up on Java quickly.
- Understanding API design best practices (GraphQL, REST, Swagger, etc.).
- Passion for building scalable software and improving the user experience.
- Product mindset.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of container services such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with public cloud providers, such as AWS or GCP.
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and pride in your work.
Will be a plus:
- Experience supporting domain iOS and/or Android apps.
- Experience with server-driven UIs.
- Working knowledge of AWS.
- Deliver high-quality, scalable features to millions of travelers across many countries and languages.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to iterate on new features.
- Practice, uphold, and promote high quality and reliability standards, respect clean code principles, and implement unit and integration tests.
- Develop services that drive the client’s iOS and Android apps across their business lines (hotels, experiences, restaurants, etc.)
- Take responsibility for the quality and operational stability of your code.
- Provide feedback on technical designs and ensure the client’s services' scalability, maintainability, and robustness.
- Work with #1 winner of the ‘Best Place to Code’ award!
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Legal IMSS contract and competitive compensation.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in our welcoming office.
- Remote work financial support.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including family.
- Life insurance, maternity policy, family days off.
- Christmas Bonus in the amount of 30 days' salary.
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- 15 vacation days, 25% vacations bonus, 11 national holidays.
- English lessons and education with Udemy.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Monthly Pantry Vouchers, free office snacks, and drinks.
- Fun corporate online\offline celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!
Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, Amplience, InvoiceASAP and Global Citizen. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.