PRINCIPAL DATA ENGINEER
PRINCIPAL DATA ENGINEER
Any City, Ukraine
- Learning and problem solving;
- AWS, DynamoDB, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker, and more;
- Tableau, Looker, or other BI tools;
- Big plus - machine learning skills. We can also give you an opportunity to learn them;
- GitLab, Splunk, Jira, Confluence.
- Improve our cloud data architecture. We have a semi-structured cloud data lake that is designed for machine learning and traditional BI/reporting;
- Work side-by-side with our business folks and engineers to understand our product and business to design, socialize, and implement proper data models;
- Manage the data catalog, lineage, and documentation;
- Help our internal business users to understand and get the most value from the data;
- Define processes and build code to ensure the quality of data;
- Build reports and data extracts;
- Develop BI tools and dashboards;
- The results are best when we work together. You will need to do code reviews, and your code will be reviewed too;
- Engineering efficiency: we select good tools, integrate them, and build automation to expedite our work and get better quality at a lower cost. You will need to think and work this way too;
- We are fairly informal and prefer efficiency over predictability. Be an active participant of our Scrum process: refining, planning, standups, demos. Always look for ways to improve our process;
- Document whatever you do and fix it when it's broken;
- And, most importantly, care about the business and move it forward. We will win together. The company is very transparent, so you will be engaged and connected to our business goals.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.