PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
Any city, Ukraine
As a Principal Software Architect, you will own and lead our technology architecture vision and strategy across a distributed engineering team to deliver industry-first software solutions for automating data center infrastructure and network systems. Working very closely with leadership, product, network, and engineering, you will leverage your expertise in SaaS, open-source, and embedded systems architecture and technology, to architect and design modern and cutting-edge solutions across our platform.
- 10 years + Experience managing, organizing, and leading large complex technology projects with high risk;
- Experience identifying, experimenting with, and applying new tools and processes to enable cloud-native approaches for automating networks and infrastructure;
- Experience working with business functions to document processes and identify areas for improvement;
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus; as well as data center management systems and infrastructure device end point protocols (I2C, etc ), ethernet protocols such as Modbus, and CI/CD tooling;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Working knowledge of datacenter and telco environments, processes, and terminologies;
- Experience with counseling and advising senior-level management and leadership regarding issues and risks, process re-engineering, and technology issues.
- Provide the technology leadership to set the direction for the software engineering team;
- Lead the design, system choices, and component-level architectures across platform to help us lead the industry in automating data center and networking infrastructure;
- Collaborate with Software, Hardware, and Network Engineering to craft architecture that enables business vision and identifies constraints for accurate scoping;
- Ensure architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product, including availability, resiliency, security, and privacy;
- Review, advise, and provide feedback on architectures produced within or outside the team;
- Conceive, experiment with, and align decisions on approaches, tooling choices, and system components;
- Works with customers and partners as needed to establish project-specific architectural/engineering proof of concepts, standards, and specifications;
- Contribute to creating process, policy, and troubleshooting documentation according to company standards.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of sports events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday and New Year presents for personnel, gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.