- 4+ years of working experience in QA Testing (required);
- Working experience in both Manual and Automated testing (required);
- Experience working with scalable/ large user base/ enterprise systems (required);
- Experience with Ruby on Rails development and/or using Ruby for automated testing (highly preferred);
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (highly preferred, or equivalent work experience);
- Previous experience working with technical AND non-technical people alike (required);
- Experience mentoring other QA Testers (required for Senior level candidates);
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment;
- Pro-active in suggesting new tools, processes and technologies – anything which will help us continually improve!
- Spoken English is a must!
The Tester role isn't a traditional tester role. It's a cross between a tester, a coach & a consultant. Rather than being 'told' what to test by an engineer, we would want our Testers to act as part of the team, understand the Product, Customer & Environment so that they can help design a testing plan & make suggestions where there are gaps or opportunities (QA Testing, Automated Testing, Ruby, BDD).
- Work closely with developers during implementation to ensure appropriate type and levels of testing
- Help other team members share responsibility of designing and performing tests
- Emphasize the importance of executing the right tests
- Help the team create well-defined testable acceptance criteria
- Help the team to perform testing during earliest stages of implementation
- Be involved in the pull request review process
- Assist in root cause analysis with customer facing issues & educate gaps in test approach
- Choose and use appropriate testing tools and techniques to assess quality
- Work with testing community to improve test strategies & automation efficiencies
Testers follow RST methodology rather than ISTQB. (Rapid Software Testing - a context-driven methodology about how to take a heuristic approach on how to test a product.)
Tester is one of the main roles which help the Company be better. The main idea - is to be like a piece of a puzzle - be the team player, as the words as "Team" and "Success" means the same. Be the leader, but listen to others. Be responsible for your Team. Help anyone who needs help. Treat the Company as it's yours. Follow the Company's Code of conduct. Each team player communicates on many levels: Developers, Testers, Designers, Analysts, Managers, Stakeholders, Consultants.
There is a testing community. Testers are gathering on a meeting, aka Test council, and discussing some major or new points. Each tester is responsible for testing some part of a product and should help others in testing it, or explain how things work. There are lots of public chats, don't be afraid of asking people obvious things if you are stuck.
Be ready for lots of meetings every day. Be ready for tons of information you have to ingest.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance. Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- Daycare centers for kids in select offices.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.