SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python / Java /Scala / C++
- Advanced working knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with Agile development (SAFe, SCRUM)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and
- Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for data analysts and data scientists
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: (Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc)
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Data modelling
- Experience with 3/5NF and Star Schemas
- 100% payroll
- 10 Vacation Days since 1st year working with us.
- 5 PTO´S per year, since 3rd month
- 25% Vacations Bonus
- 15 Days of Christmas Bonus
- Major Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Discounts for Minor Medical Insurance
- Snacks and Drinks
- Beers and Coffee
- Christmas Party
- Body Massages (Twice A Month)
- Flexible Home Office, depends on client necessity
- Interchange with our Ukrainian Office
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.