SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
Any City, Ukraine
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Data Science role;
- 2+ years of experience working with, and deploying to, a fully-managed machine learning service (e.g., AWS Sagemaker or GCP CloudML);
- M.S. or PhD in machine learning, statistics, applied math, engineering, physics, or a similar field;
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Mahout);
- Programming knowledge in Scala is a must, R, Python, or Java;
- Named-entity recognition;
- Locality-sensitive hashing (specifically MinHash);
- Random Forest or Logistic Regression;
- Amazon EMR;
- Passionate about working with large datasets and mining data to come up with insights that can power future product growth;
- Strong opinions about writing beautiful, maintainable, and understandable code;
- Proficient in writing reproducible and fault tolerant models and creating ML pipelines (Sampling, Feature Engineering, Training, Evaluation, and Scoring);
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis;
- Comfortable with Natural Language Processing frameworks and techniques to deal with highly unstructured data;
- Experience quering TinkerPop-enabled databases using a graph query language (e.g., Gremlin);
- Experience building recommendation models based on graph relationships;
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features;
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our Machine Learning Pipeline and data output to make new class of questions answerable;
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Spoken English is a must!
They believe that hoteliers deserve better. The global hotel sector is a booming $500B+ industry, yet hotels are facing many complex challenges, including increased pressure from online travel agencies and intense competition from ever-growing room inventory and the shared economy. That coupled with aging, cumbersome technology is making the job of the hotelier more difficult than ever. They use cutting edge technology to build powerful software for hotels to take back control and drive direct revenue. The simplicity and beautiful UX of their solutions are a breath of fresh air in an industry of old technology.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance. Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- Daycare centers for kids in select offices.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.