SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Any City, Ukraine
- Demonstrable experience or profound interest in Go, JVM-based variants like Clojure, Scala, or some functional language you secretly hold dear to your heart.
- Building of distributed, micro-service-based systems.
- Clear signs of understanding and building request-response vs reactive distributed systems.
- Strong experience with AWS queue and messaging services (Kinesis, SQS, SNS), data stores (Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS (PostgreSQL preferred), ElastiCache (Redis), S3), hosted runtimes (ECS/EKS/Beanstalk, Lambda).
- Track record of tinkering with self-hosted messaging and database servers (Kafka/RabbitMQ, Mongo/Cassandra/Aerospike etc) and ability to explain good and bad sides of your choices.
- Demonstrable ability to work with cloud functions (AWS Lambda / Google Cloud Functions) and Serverless.
- A good story of how you played with and compared various Big Data hosted and on-prem databases.
- Clear signs of being a practicing craftsman of Terraform and/or Ansible with a sprinkling of Chef, Puppet or something that really worked for you to close the gaps Terraform and Ansible leave.
- Definite signs of knowing how to build (Docker) containers and history of use of these in (a) local development, (b) cloud (including a story of what cloud provider was used, which service and why).
- Clear signs of playing with Kubernetes (local and/or hosted).
- Good experience communicating with remote departments that work in timezones different from yours.
- Implementation and maintenance of distributed systems that support growing use of big data / streaming data in AI-assisted insights reporting and action automation products.
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data infrastructure and engineering.
- Design and maintain core critical systems and services.
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance.
- Creating a great developer experience by designing robust developer, test environments and workflow automation.
Will be a plus:
- Strong drive towards continuous learning and tinkering with new toys.
- Being a crafty polyglot.
- Some experience supporting Data Science pipelines and runtimes (various Python-based stacks, Jupyter, Spark).
- Affection for expressing system design in documentation and charts, with some clear examples you can share with us.
- Understanding of some task management system (Jira, Asana, etc) and why a system like that helps you as opposed to holding you back.
- Ad Tech, Marketing Tech, or Payment Tech.
- Worked with social graph / marketing / advertising / measurement APIs of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google (Adwords, Youtube).
- High-throughput DMP systems
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- Daycare centers for kids in select offices.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term employees.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla
- Birthday presents for employees and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.