SENIOR FRONT END (REACT) ENGINEER
SENIOR FRONT END (REACT) ENGINEER
Any City, Ukraine
Svitla Systems is a proven custom software development company and testing provider. We deliver unparalleled value to our clients, who rely on our expertise in managed team extension and build-to-order software applications.
Our main office is in the heart of Silicon Valley - with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro, and Germany).
Our mission is to build a business that is not only profitable but also contributes to the well-being of our employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world.
- Build scalable web applications to support the growing needs of the business;
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to ensure company’s web properties leverage the potential of existing systems and data;
- Collaborate with backend developers and web designers to improve usability;
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams;
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance;
- Conduct research and prototype for challenges and unknowns;
- Creating a great developer experience by designing robust developer, test environments and workflow automation;
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- Understand fully React and GraphQL;
- Good in CSS and HTML;
- Knowledge of working with REST APIs;
- Experience with either relational or nonrelational database systems: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Snowflake or similar;
- Value Agile XP Practices (Iterative development, Refactoring, TDD/BDD, CI/CD, ...);
- Strong understanding of web page performance and building scalable large web applications;
- Familiarity with code versioning tools;
- Experience or interest in working on user-interface related code and a strong attention to details;
- Good experience communicating with remote departments that work in timezones different from yours;
- Strong drive towards continuous learning and tinkering with new toys.
Desired (the more the better):
- Preference for the use of JS/CSS/HTML tooling - Babel, Less/Sass etc. - that allows you to crank maintainable interfaces fast;
- Have a portfolio (InVision etc) of web interfaces designs that you can proudly show off;
- Know about and like to use special markup like ARIA and element test ID attributes;
- Understanding of CSS and experience with preprocessors (Less, Sass);
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.;
- Be curious about other languages and platforms (Elixir, Swift, iOS, Go, ...);
What we love about Svitla Systems:
- Flexible working day start & stop times.
- English classes, professional and personal trainings, conferences and webinars.
- Competitive compensation, including equity options with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews.
- Medical Insurance (health, dental), employee assistance program.
- Personal time off: paid vacation and holidays. Work hard, play hard, right?
- We're very fast-paced, hard-working, and love to have fun! Our cool co-workers play soccer, poker, go skiing, biking, hiking, and so much more.
- We have tasty birthday cakes, lunch bunch and subsidized drinks and snacks, funny celebrations, team outings and unforgettable corporate events.
- We are always happy to meet the newbie colleagues and their new ideas.
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.