SENIOR FULL STACK (UI ORIENTED) ENGINEER
SENIOR FULL STACK (UI ORIENTED) ENGINEER
Any City, Ukraine
- You know html5, css/scss, and ES6, inside out;
- Solid experience with a server-side-rendering web application framework, such as Ruby on Rails (preferred) or Django;
- You are a self-manager and are not a ticket taker;
- You have empathy for users and a strong design sense that helps you build self-serviceable products;
- You are a humble person, a good listener and a good writer (you know writing is a critical part of user interface design);
- You can create a design that addresses multiple (sometimes competing) user goals in a balanced manner;
- You want to bring values to users, and understand why before working on a project. You care about how users use your craft;
- You have practical experiences in extracting, designing, creating simple and reusable UI components;
- You have used front-end testing tools, such as Mocha and Selenium, on a regular basis;
- You have an ability to understand data models that you would build UIs upon as a bridge between data and humans;
- You are comfortable in learning essentials of DNS and email standards (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC);
- You can work with and help product managers, designers, and full-stack developers to maximize the values we deliver as a unit.
- Work with product managers and architects, sometimes talk to customers, to understand customers’ problems as well as technical backgrounds.
- You come up with UI/UX ideas that would solve the problems. You discuss them with full-stack developers and adjust the ideas so you and the full-stack developers can balance the time to invest and the values that you would bring to the world.
- You implement UIs on Ruby on Rails, StimulusJS and Hotwire.dev. You will pair with other full-stack engineers if you are not familiar with Ruby on Rails. For example, you and your partner build UIs that walk customers through multiple steps in order to add and configure a domain.
- Give and receive constructive feedback from your colleagues. You also learn from customers by looking at how they use your product.
- Familiarity with Hotwire (Turbo-frame, StimulusJS etc);
- Familiarity with Ruby and Ruby on Rails;
- You have a solid understanding of webpack;
- You have extensive experience in A/B testing to improve products;
- Have designed and created a web application from scratch;
- Have a sharp eye for UX/UIs.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.