SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
- You take Java for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and you believe in Microservice based architecture
- Spring Boot is your assistant and you use it for building robust, scalable software that is consistent with the rest of our ecosystem
- You use caching for building scalable and resilient architecture that leverages databases sparsely
- You talk architecture primarily in terms of Data Model, Objects and Entities first before code
- You have hands on experience with Postgres as well as NoSQL databases like Redis (yes you can use it for in memory data store but primarily for caching structure data)
- If you know how Kafka or a message bus architecture can help with infinite scalability (if infinity didn't exist then greeks wont have defined it in 400 BCE) so let's shoot for that.
- You believe and implement code quality tools like SonarQube and can create a high bar for maintaining code quality by measuring unit/integration tests as well as other critical code quality metrics and improving on them constantly.
- You call yourself an expert in AWS and know how to build scalable systems using AWS technologies
- You know what Kubernetes mean and how it is a game changer in terms of auto scaling, simplification of deployment and benefits of using it.
- You have used EFK stack for logging and built dashboard and alerts on top of the logs
- Keeping Error Rates low and ensuring we have High Uptime for all of our systems.
- You are not just familiar but good at Application Monitoring tools like New Relic/Data Dog
- Lived in CI/CD world and believe in using it for moving fast but while ensuring that we don't cause any impact to our business or end users experience. Remember we are dealing with people's money. We don't want anyone to cause rounding error on our back account so Accuracy is critical and so is uptime and Data Quality
- Be an amazing team player and not just be responsible for your own deliverables but also coach and mentor juniors. We all succeed when we make each other better
- Work with product/design and business based out of US or local and understand the requirements, turn requirements into technical design, present the design to technology team and break it down into tasks and deliverables
- Defines and practices engineering best practice and lead his decision based on metrics
- Incorporate business needs while defining architecture for the system with a short term and long term vision in mind
- Create and lead a culture of quality, accountability, autonomy and open communication across the teams
- Responsible for on-time delivery of your and your teams deliverables
- Lay the foundation of our brokerage platform which will process billions of dollars in investment and transactions annually
Be responsible for production uptime and be available to resolve any issue that comes out of the system you or your team is responsible
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- Daycare centers for kids in select offices.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term employees.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla
- Birthday presents for employees and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.