SENIOR JAVA ENGINEER
SENIOR JAVA ENGINEER
Any City, Ukraine
- 5+ years of experience with distributed systems or microservices;
- Experience in software development designing and implementing scalable, fault tolerant systems that are PCI compliant;
- Extremely proficient programming skills with Java (Play framework, JUnit);
- Experience with AWS building blocks, such as kinesis, redshift, RDS, etc;
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies;
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices;
- Higher-level analytical skills in taking business requirements and creating solutions;
- Self-motivated, self-starting, pays attention to the details, and a great team player;
- Creative and innovative, able to think outside the box Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Help refactor and build out our payments platform leveraging microservices;
- Work cross-functionally with our product, analytics, and operations team to develop new features and improve existing processes;
- Build systems that manage customers sensitive data and hold us to the highest standards for security and compliance;
- Perform constant quality improvement of code and infrastructure;
- Estimate engineering efforts and come up with realistic schedules and plans;
- Identify and resolve complex production issues Unit test everything.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with microservices;
- Experience with NoSQL DBs;
- Experience with Docker;
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.