SENIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER
SENIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER
Any City, Ukraine
- 7+ years of experience with Python and MVC frameworks such as Django, Flask;
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL or other relational databases;
- Extensive Object-Oriented programming experience;
- Experience with Unit/Functional testing;
- Ability to prioritize business needs;
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development methodology;
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver project goals related to developing cross-functional systems;
- Ability to lead the design and development of complex solutions that meet requirements within the timeline focusing on quality;
- Deep understanding/experience of the object-oriented concepts, design patterns, clean coding, code refactoring, code review practices, and experience creating automated unit tests;
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas, and formulating a detailed software deliverable;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the design and development of relational databases;
- Advanced expertise in implementations of microservices and service-oriented architecture;
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques, and process improvement approaches.
- Design, architect, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions based on Python;
- Document existing Python projects and create new documentation and training materials for all new projects;
- Work closely with the Tech Lead for expanding the Python footprint in the current software stack;
- Translate Business and User needs into technical requirements and socialize architectural designs to the appropriate stakeholders;
- Help set up Python infrastructure (servers, development pipeline, QA automation, etc.);
- Train & assist other team members in their transition to Python;
- Develop unit tests, run diagnostic tests, identify and repair defects and provide technical support;
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes and technologies;
- Keeping the Python stack up to date with the latest advancements
Will be a plus:
- Experience with Node.js (TypeScript is a plus);
- Experience working with additional languages is a plus (Nodejs, PHP, Go, C/C++, Perl, etc.).
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.