SENIOR ROR / JAVA DEVELOPER
SENIOR ROR / JAVA DEVELOPER
Any city, Ukraine
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full development life cycle;
- Solid understanding of test-driven development (TDD);
- Experience with designing relational databases and optimizing database structure for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize stored procedures;
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management Jira and GitHub;
- Deep hands-on knowledge of SQL, Java, Bonus: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, HTML5, and CSS;
- Passion for building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be motivated with a focus on team performance;
What you will be doing:
- Develop features in Java or Ruby on Rails applications based on feature specifications and technical designs.
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics.
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications.
- Contribute to the creation of database models and build out schema using SQL Server, to be consumed by the middle tier.
- Create web pages using Ruby on Rails, HTML5, CSS, and jQuery.
- Knowledge of test-driven development, including writing feature unit tests.
- Facilitate acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- Daycare centers for kids in select offices.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term employees.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla
- Birthday presents for employees and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.