SENIOR RUBY DEVELOPER
SENIOR RUBY DEVELOPER
Any City, Ukraine
Svitla Systems is a proven custom software development company and testing provider. We deliver unparalleled value to our clients, who rely on our expertise in managed team extension and build-to-order software applications.
Our main office is in the heart of Silicon Valley - with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro, and Germany).
Our mission is to build a business that is not only profitable but also contributes to the well-being of our employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world.
- Writing code which is understandable and easily maintainable by others;
- Understanding and maintaining custom frameworks and custom architectures;
- Maintaining, improve and refactor legacy code;
- Debug business logic involving interaction of multiple services/subsystems;
- Perform unit and integration testing of your code;
- Find and eliminate performance bottlenecks, optimize memory usage;
- Closely inspect provided documentation and design your solutions based on it;
- Explaining your thoughts in spoken and written English.
Strong experience building apps with these technologies:
- Ability to follow heavy unit test principles and a code-review process.
The engineer has to be comfortable learning any new service API (e.g. the Office 365 API, the Google Apps API, etc.) so as to be able to integrate that service with their platform.
Overlap till 10:00 AM PST is a must, daily meetings at 8:45 AM PST, retrospective meetings 2/week after daily meeting.
This will be a plus:
You will have:
- Work directly in a great and loyal team;
- Work on a large project with complex multi-service architecture;
- Interacting with multiple teams having separate responsibilities on the project;
- Shared code ownership: being able to fix or improve any part of the project yourself.
What we love about Svitla Systems:
- Flexible working day start & stop times.
- English classes, professional and personal trainings, conferences and webinars.
- Competitive compensation, including equity options with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews.
- Medical Insurance (health, dental), employee assistance program.
- Personal time off: paid vacation and holidays. Work hard, play hard, right?
- We're very fast-paced, hard-working, and love to have fun! Our cool co-workers play soccer, poker, go skiing, biking, hiking, and so much more.
- We have tasty birthday cakes, lunch bunch and subsidized drinks and snacks, funny celebrations, team outings and unforgettable corporate events.
- We are always happy to meet the newbie colleagues and their new ideas.
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.