SENIOR RUBY ENGINEER
SENIOR RUBY ENGINEER
Any city, Ukraine
- At least 5 years of experience as a Back End Developer in a commercial environment.
- Proven background in Ruby (with/without Rails) or demonstrated experience in adapting from other languages (minimum 3 years).
- Experience in the development of REST API.
- Proficiency in Git, using pull requests.
- Expertise in TDD with build/test automation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with project-led and agile/scrum environments.
- Integrate third-party services and data.
- Work with Ruby outside of Rails.
- Cooperate closely with operations teams to consider scalability and observability of services.
- Queue pubsub and message.
- Work with AWS (particularly with IoT, SQS, and SNS).
- Develop some frontend.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of sports events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday and New Year presents for personnel, gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.