SENIOR RUBY ON RAILS ENGINEER
SENIOR RUBY ON RAILS ENGINEER
Any city, Ukraine
- 5+ years of software engineering experience since graduating with a related degree (or equivalent working experience).
- Strong programming skills in Ruby (4+ years).
- An advocate of engineering best practices (particularly in regards to testing).
- Experience of working closely with business teams when building products.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment.
- Pro-active in suggesting new tools, processes and technologies – anything which will help us continually improve!
- Working in an office environment.
- Develop customer focused products in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration.
- Being hands-on with code in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies.
- Working with cross functional collaborative teams, helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches.
- Championing Agile processes across the team.
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement and driving their prioritisation.
- Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance. Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 17 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.