SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (GO)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (GO)
Any City, Ukraine
Svitla Systems is a proven custom software development company and testing provider. We deliver unparalleled value to our clients, who rely on our expertise in managed team extension and build-to-order software applications.
Our main office is in the heart of Silicon Valley - with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro, and Germany).
Our mission is to build a business that is not only profitable but also contributes to the well-being of our employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world.
- Adopt and follow best practices in building high-performance, efficient, resilient, scalable software which handles millions packets per second;
- Write software using best practices for software design with unit and functional tests and comprehensive code coverage. Be accountable and take ownership of your code;
- Interact with Product Management to refine product requirements;
- Work efficiently in a cross-functional team across multiple projects;
- Work on the backbone of our product suite;
- Build both RESTful services and asynchronous processing services for our platform using golang, SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Utilize AWS, GCP, Azure hosted services in the architecture, using your prior experience; keep abreast of GCP and Azure and AWS offerings;
- Analyze, evaluate, propose technologies to efficiently address product requirements in the software design;
- Understand and be able to identify bottlenecks across the system and evaluate performance of various components;
- Design new components for microservices architecture and docker.
- 3+ years of software development experience;
- Production experience creating software with Go is required (or 2+ years of C/C++ experience in system or networking or client-server programming to help the transitioning to Golang);
- Basic experience with building scalable, resilient, high-performance systems;
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, communications, synchronous and asynchronous programming models;
- Knowledge of building RESTful or messaging based services at scale;
- Understanding of technologies and software engineering fundamentals (concurrency, non-blocking networking, resilience patterns, system performance, Amazon Web Services, etc.);
- Experience with Virtualization, container, and container orchestration technologies: Docker, AWS ECS and/or Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of both relational and nonrelational database systems such as MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery etc.;
- Experience with queueing/messaging systems such as RabbitMQ, SQS etc.;
- Experience with continuous deployment processes;
- Experience with software performance monitoring;
- The candidates should be ready to overlap with the client till 8-9 PM UA time, since they are located in PST (California).
What we love about Svitla Systems:
- Flexible working day start & stop times.
- English classes, professional and personal trainings, conferences and webinars.
- Competitive compensation, including equity options with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews.
- Medical Insurance (health, dental), employee assistance program.
- Personal time off: paid vacation and holidays. Work hard, play hard, right?
- We're very fast-paced, hard-working, and love to have fun! Our cool co-workers play soccer, poker, go skiing, biking, hiking, and so much more.
- We have tasty birthday cakes, lunch bunch and subsidized drinks and snacks, funny celebrations, team outings and unforgettable corporate events.
- We are always happy to meet the newbie colleagues and their new ideas.
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.