SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (.NET)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (.NET)
Krakow / Remote, Poland
• Work within an agile team, exposed to PO and business through SCRUM rituals
• Actively participate in sprint planning sessions and ensure requirements are clear and complete
• Provide accurate estimation for sprint planning
• Participate in the overall design of the system
• Be proactive in proposing new solutions, change approach when the existing one has proven inadequate
• Participate in team stand ups, providing concise information on ongoing development
• Use best engineering practices, algorithms and data structures knowledge to efficiently solve the problem at hand
• Understand and maintain the existing codebase, being able to work with it effectively.
• Follow best CI/CD and code management practices
• Own the code developed, acting as a go-to person when it comes to your codebase
• Be able to measure and optimize the performance of your solutions
• Use your expertise to mentor and inspire more junior team members
• Be confident in proposing better standards to anything that may be improved – tech or process-wise
• Conduct Code reviews on the PR stage, use best judgement to spot inadequacies and misses
• Transfer system and functional knowledge to team members, if applies
• Create meaningful and exhausting unit tests for all functionality
• Evaluate development tools and frameworks used to deliver maximum productivity and job satisfaction
• Actively participate in knowledge sharing and team building exercises within the team
• Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Excellent understanding of software architecture concepts, managing dependencies, isolating contexts
• Experience in and understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming
• Good knowledge of HTTP-based applications in general and RESTful services in specific
• At least conceptually, good understanding of message bus design implications
• Strong in Programming fundamentals, OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms
• 5+ Years of experience and strong knowledge of .NET Framework / .NET Core, C# 7.0+
• Experience working in SCRUM
• Good understanding of the Git version control and Gitflow
• Good understanding of CI/CD pipeline
• Good, developer-level understanding of RDMS, SQL (MSSQL ideally) and no-SQL data persisting and caching systems (MongoDB, Redis)
• At least some understanding of containerization and containerization orchestration.
Will be a plus:
• Experience in message-based distributed systems is a plus (AMQ is ideal)
• Experience in containerized applications and releasing application images to orchestrated container environment (K8S ideally
• Experience in reviewing and optimization of application code
• Experience in defining and building well contexed libraries and middleware
• Experience in development od financial applications especially Trading platforms and services and reporting solutions is a very strong advantage
• Some business/ financial knowledge especially Trading CFDs, spread betting and Forex would be very advantageous
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.