SENIOR SOFTWARE (JAVA) ENGINEER
SENIOR SOFTWARE (JAVA) ENGINEER
Any City, Ukraine
- Engineering thinking, good communication, learning, and problem-solving;
- Java, Maven, unit testing;
- Experience building REST APIs, OpenAPI/Swagger;
- Strong English.
- AWS, DynamoDB, Serverless, Lambda, SNS, API Gateway, S3;
- Build server code side-by-side with other great engineers. Influence architecture;
- We value quality. You will need to develop unit and integration tests for the code you build. We like CI/CD/test automation;
- The results are best when we work together. You will need to do code reviews, and your code will be reviewed too;
- We are fans of "infrastructure as code”; our cloud infrastructure is fully automated, and you will need to become familiar with it and keep it in synch with new products you build;
- Engineering efficiency is important for us. We select right tools, integrate them, and build automation to expedite our work and get better quality at a lower cost. You will need to think and work this way too.
- We are fairly informal and prefer efficiency over predictability. Be an active participant of our Scrum process: refining, planning, standups, demos;
- Always look for ways to improve our process;
- Work closely with Product Owners and others in the team to understand requirements and build the product;
- Document whatever you do and fix it when it's broken;
- And, most importantly, care about the business and move it forward. We will win together. The company is very transparent, so that means that you will be engaged and connected to our business goals.
Nice to have:
- AWS Glue, Athena;
- Machine Learning, Spark;
- GitLab, Splunk, Jira, Confluence.
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance.
- Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla Systems is a multinational software development company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Western Europe). Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.