SENIOR SOFTWARE(JAVA) ENGINEER
SENIOR SOFTWARE(JAVA) ENGINEER
Any city, Ukraine
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems design for both cloud hosted and on premises solutions.
- Deep knowledge of Java. Experience in one or more additional languages (Go, Scala, Groovy, Python, R, Ruby) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying distributed, REST based systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- System security (identity management, access control, auditing, penetration)
- Distributed computing and message queues
- Workflow technology
- SQL and various RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySql)
- NoSQL architectures; specifically, Mongo and Redis
- Data analytics, ontologies, and semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL, SKOS, etc.)
- Health informatics and associated platforms (e.g. i2b2)
- Ability to design solutions for long term maintainability
- Great communication skills keeping management and your peers apprised of risks, issues, and overall status
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative, and work independently but not in isolation
- Experience developing and delivering solutions for commercial use, hosted solutions preferred
- Motivated to work as part of a startup which at times requires chipping in wherever needed
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus
- Experience developing applications for AWS is a plus
We are seeking candidates that can operate across one or more domains whether it be designing stateless micro services, building out our medical terminology solution, enhancing our collaboration and social platform, or designing and implementing our real-time, federated analytics platform.The detailed design and implementation of a significant module or subsystem
- Ensure that your solutions are secure, manageable, scalable, and testable
- Assist with the establishment of the engineering organization’s development practices by contributing to the implementation of agile tools, source control, build, defect tracking, QA environment, etc.
- Collaborate with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the team, and driving the development activities
- Perform code reviews
- Evaluate and recommending the use of tools and technologies
- Communicate status and tracking work activities via Agile development tools and practices
- Help grow our team by participating in the hiring process and mentoring new team members
- Document the architecture and design idioms you have established
- Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
- Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance. Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
- Competitive bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees.
- Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
- Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
- Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
- Maternity leave policy.
- Daycare centers for kids in select offices.
- A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
- Partial compensation of conferences, courses and English classes.
- Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
- Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in California, with development offices throughout Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Poland). For 15 years, we have served a wide number of customers ranging from big corporations to innovative young companies in Silicon Valley to large educational institutions. The list of our customers includes such well-known companies as BMC Software, Ancestry, Affymetrix, Ingenico, Logitech and Stanford University. Our mission is to build a company that contributes to the well-being of our clients, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.