Custom Website Development
The uniqueness and originality of a business should be apparent the moment clients open a website, immediately showcasing a true representation of who they are and what their business embodies. That is where custom websites come in.
Custom websites are incredibly important in today’s highly competitive landscape - if companies want an edge, there’s nothing quite like having a custom-built website that is not only aesthetically appealing but also highly functional with unique features and functionalities that are tailored to their needs and in line with their business goals.
In this article, we highlight the many benefits of choosing the custom website development route to optimize a company’s corporate identity in a way that is effective and engaging.
What is a custom website?
The concept of a custom website indicates a unique website that is specifically designed and developed to address every single need the client may have in terms of an online presence.
In addition, a custom website is an online vehicle for businesses to convey their corporate branding, business strategy, and identity. Every single element of a custom website is designed to meet the specific needs of the client, putting their requirements and wishlist at the forefront to create a website that is all-encompassing.
An outstanding website that is custom-made doesn’t happen overnight. It requires effort and a particular set of skills to create a well-rounded solution that is beautifully designed and includes all the necessary functionalities that are unique to the company’s business orientation. Custom website development requires thorough research both on the functional and business requirements for the site and the needs of the target users.
Now, what are the key benefits of having a custom website? Let’s delve right into it and answer the age-old question of why you should have a custom website by analyzing the advantages there are to be gained by going the custom website route.
Why you should have a custom website
Much like this post from Forbes that makes the case for why companies need to invest in custom websites, we highlight the benefits that demonstrate why you should have one.
The uniqueness of your business on the internet
As we have said, uniqueness and a high degree of customization is the chief advantage of having a custom website. With a custom website, you are doing everything in your power to convey and highlight your company’s core competencies, capabilities, accomplishments, skills, and other differentiators that set you apart from competitors. Nowadays, most customers interact with companies for the first time through their websites, so it is critical to have a strong proposal for your website strategy. Remember: A unique website tells the story of who you are as a business entity, giving your branding and online presence the right edge to be ahead of competitors.
The ability to scale up as your business grows
Your website should grow as your business grows. Because custom websites cater to your needs, your online presence will be embedded into a website that scales to receive a larger influx of customer traffic when necessary. Additionally, with custom websites, it is easy to add functionalities as your business expands.
Provide a superior user experience
38% of users will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive. With this in mind, it’s vital to leverage custom websites as they pave the way for high-quality presentation and pleasant user experience. It’s important to ask the right questions in terms of image and branding in order to have enough information about the user experience strategy for the custom website - this is pivotal to design a custom website that delivers the exact user experience you want for your customers. For example, if your company is a clothing retailer, you need to evaluate the aesthetics of the custom website, as clients and prospects are image-driven and will make decisions and assumptions based on how aesthetically-pleasing your website is. With a custom website development team, you have the right tools, talent, and technologies to get this done effectively.
Does your website require numerous customized features and functionalities? If so, custom websites will deliver just that. With a custom website, companies have the opportunity to personalize and optimize functionalities in a way that specifically targets user needs. Custom website design allows users to interact with the website just as the company expects and intends.
Speed up your website
What happens when you go to a website that takes a long time to load? You’re probably going to abandon ship and move on to the next thing. It’s been proven that website visits are abandoned if a page takes longer than three seconds to load. For example, 39% of users will stop engaging with a website if images take too long to load or simply won’t load. With this in mind, you need your website to be designed in such a way that functionalities and functions are optimized to avoid long load times. Through custom website development, you can stay on top of website load times to reduce them as much as possible while maintaining the technical structure of the site for optimal performance.
Secure company data and customer data
With cyber attacks popping up left and right on a daily basis, it’s no wonder that companies are beginning to take the topic of security more seriously than ever before. With custom-built websites, you can implement the right combination of security measures that protect your proprietary data and your customer’s private data. By tying loose ends right from the development stage, you can cut down vulnerabilities and further secure your website to avoid leaks and outside, malicious penetration.
Custom website design and development workflow
Custom website design has its own specific lifecycle that is designed to efficiently launch a successful and unique website. While the exact number of steps is flexible, the overall process is similar to any website development lifecycle. These steps are general, but be assured that at Svitla Systems we go in deep. Our project workflow typically includes these stages:
- Briefing: In this stage, the team focuses on clarifying each and every single question that might exist before preparing the client proposal. It encompasses the gathering and analyzing of the client’s demands and goals.
- Proposal: Based on the information that is gained during the briefing stage, the team prepares a comprehensive proposal to communicate the process of creating a custom website.
- Contract: In this stage, customers sign a contract that includes the terms and conditions of the project. Once the contract is signed, the project is set in motion.
Research and UX
- Research: Through deep investigation and exploration of the technical and business requirements, the team in charge of the project ensures every need, functionality and special function is addressed. The team utilizes s search engine optimization best practices to learn about the specific site goals the custom website must address.
- Website structure: A website structure is created from scratch to present clients with a preliminary version of the project.
- Website content development: With the client’s help and approval, all the necessary content in terms of strategy, branding, and corporate identity is included..
- Prototyping: A prototype is built to highlight the key functions, features, and functionalities of the website for the client to review. This way, customers are able to experience a simulated version of the custom website.
- Design Concept: The team develops and presents the idea behind the actual design of the website. The design concept consists of the plan to address the design needs of the project in terms of forms, communication, colors, visual elements, animations, etc.
- Design: In this stage, all the subpages are subject to the design stipulated in the design concept. It includes the design of all forms of website visualization which includes desktops, mobiles, and tablets.
- Frontend: The client is presented with HTML sample website pages to edit and correct as necessary.
- Backend: The technical website programming begins with client approval for the website and administrative panel of control.
- Quality assurance and content insertion: Both frontend and backend are thoroughly tested.
Launch and Support
- Website launch: Once the website is complete, the launch stage begins; deployment of e the custom website and live use by end users.
- Support: Support is provided as agreed upon to include enhancements, updates, and improvements to the website.
At Svitla Systems, we have the expertise to create unique and highly-functional custom websites that cater to every customer need. Svitla Systems is the defacto all-in-one stop for custom website development with over 15 years of experience delivering outstanding custom website development services to happy, satisfied clients.
Go Custom with Svitla
In this article, we make our point that custom websites are the best solution for website development. With custom websites, clients are able to harness the full power of having an attractive and functional website that is unique and also reap the business benefits of having the best-suited solution for their company’s online presence.
Partner with Svitla Systems: we are ready to help you with your unique project for a custom website development solution. With best-in-class developers and a comprehensive development lifecycle, we deliver tailored websites that are adapted to your every need and whim. The first step in the journey of growing your business is to make the decision to go with a custom website. And you can trust us to take care of the rest!
If you want to know more about how Svitla Systems can take your custom website project to the next level, reach out to us so we can brief you on the numerous ways we excel in custom website development projects.
Let's meet Svitla
We look forward to sharing our expertise, consulting you about your product idea, or helping you find the right solution for an existing project.
Your message is received. Svitla's sales manager of your region will contact you to discuss how we could be helpful.