Rewriting a FinTech App for Better Performance
Financial Performance Management Application
Node.js, Redis, IBM Cognos TM1, Handsontable, Highcharts
Big Data, Advanced Analytics
The application is a suite of data analytics tools that leverage sophisticated technologies like IBM’s Planning Analytics and Watson (TM1) framework. They analyze the data and present it in different formats, including graphics, dashboards, processes, and strategies. Svitla’s task was to rewrite the application with modern technologies for better maintenance and scalability.
- Support business growth and software product scalability by developing a technically innovative product and minimizing maintenance costs.
- Enable business to expand and bring new functionality effortlessly with a new robust architecture.
- Boost storage capabilities by migrating to a new database that can keep large amounts of data structures like dashboards settings.
Suggested solutions from Svitla:
- Created project documentation from the ground up that described all the elements, entities, and operations.
- Set limitations, policies, and regulations for future development.
- Analyzed business and user requirements and suggested a product development roadmap.
- Based on business requirements and research, suggested a new database for data analysis: IBM Cognos TM1. This database supports all the system elements like dashboards and views, is compatible with Excel spreadsheets, and is flexible enough.
- Successfully and safely migrated the data to a new database.
- Implemented a Domain Driven Design approach that gives the opportunity to forecast the complexity of new features development.
- Build the back-end part from scratch, using Node.js, Nest.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, Redis, and Bull for queues. In terms of architecture, the back-end is designed as a monolithic structure with unconnected modules. If needed, this approach allows for safe and trouble-free migration to microservices in the future.
- Containerized all the parts of the system. With containerization, code can run not on local machines or servers, but in a capsulated system, so it is not necessary to adjust our system to local needs. As a result, the system can run on any infrastructure, like cloud or local storage.
Have a project in mind?
We'd love to help! Briefly describe your project, and we will contact you within a day.
We will contact very shortly.
Your message is recieved. Svitla's sales manager of your region will contact you to discuss how we could be helpful.