Web Application Development Services
by Svitla Team
Description of Web Application Development Services
Web Application Services are services that combine programming, data, hardware, networking and human resources to deliver to end users web content located on a business web server.
The client-server computer program enables a client to run the service in a web browser. Some of the most ordinary examples of Web Application Services include online instant messaging, webmail, online retail sales, wikis, and more.
Web Application Development is tasked with designing and developing web applications that meet the client’s requirements. The most frequently offered web application development services include custom software development, web content management systems, e-commerce portals, social networking development, and more.
Web Application Development Services in the Industry
With a constantly shifting IT industry environment, developers must stay ahead of the curve, ensuring the development services that they offer to cover the needs and future demands that clients might have.
With this acceleration in the complexity of demands, web applications must be fully functional, developed with a thorough testing process in mind, and built intelligently to allow scalability and growth. Whether it’s a new startup company or a seasoned enterprise, web application development services must be flexible enough to tailor to the specific needs of the industry.
The most noteworthy web application development services include:
- Integration and re-engineering: Combine functionality and information with the latest available web application development platforms.
- Custom web application development services: Simple web applications or specialized web applications that are tailored to comply with a client’s business goal, including the user interface.
- Upgrade: Ensure your application is relevant and up to date with the latest web development technologies. Additionally, ensure the correct migration from old information systems to the newest web application technologies.
- Testing QA: Test, correct and adapt web applications to reach their full potential.
- Discovery/Planning: Select a strategy and identify requirements to manage a project effectively.
As far as trends for web development in 2018, there are 8 specific trends that should be taken into account, as listed by Forbes:
- Improved Online Support.
- Progressive Web Apps.
- Push Notification with Websites.
- Single-page Websites.
- Static Websites.
- Motion User Interface.
- Phasing Out Flash.
- Photo Content.
Web Development Technologies
With new technologies being released every day by web application development companies, developers must stay updated on what each one can offer to their development process of web applications. Web Application Development Technologies help developers leverage specific functionalities that aid their development process for specific areas.
Cloud-based technologies for web development have become a hot item over the last couple of years. Cloud application development offers a streamlined process that enables developers to build applications in an online workspace.
Cloud-based technologies allow developers to collaborate remotely on shared projects to reach business goals quickly and effectively.
For instance, databases play a valuable role in any application, which is why it must be a fundamental component of each developer’s toolkit. Most web application development companies are shifting their databases to the cloud for cost optimization and effectiveness.
Latest web development technologies
A sample of the latest web development technologies include:
- Visual LANSA
The latest web development technologies help address specific characteristics of modern web development such as short development lifecycle times, numerous business models, multi-disciplinary development teams, maintenance, and more.
Web Application Development Platforms
Web Application Development is made easier by the use of certain platforms or frameworks that encompass web development technologies and tools that simplify modern web development.
Web Application Development platforms are software frameworks that support development activities of web applications. These activities include the development of web services, web resources, and web APIs.
As defined by Wikipedia, web application development utilizes “popular frameworks used include the spiral approach and business-oriented approach to application development, among other models that address the requirements for an iterative process.”
Some of these Web Application frameworks include Ruby on Rails, Django, Symfony, and more. The main purpose of these frameworks is to ease the life of developers by enabling them to focus solely on a specific task at hand instead of dealing with user management tasks that may be time-consuming.
One of the most noteworthy benefits embedded in these frameworks is the reduction in errors due to added simplicity in the coding process.
Some of the top Web Application Development frameworks include:
- Ruby on Rails
Web Application Development Tools
Web Application Development Tools help ease the web application development workflow. These tools don’t necessarily help in the direct creation of a web application, as some of them are thoroughly focused on testing the user interface of the web application.
A few of the most used web app development tools include:
- Task runners: These tools help automate the development workflow. Some examples include Gulp and Grunt.
- Databases: Collection of data that can be stored, modified, updated, managed, and retrieved for the functioning of the web application. There are two main approaches to store data in the forms of SQL relational databases and NoSQL databases. Each approach has its benefits and drawbacks, which should be considered before selecting the appropriate option for your project.
- SQL databases: SQL Databases are more structured and rigid. These table-based databases have a predefined schema that allows for vertical scalability.
- NoSQL databases: NoSQL databases are unstructured to an extent, offering more flexibility. These document-based databases have a dynamic schema and are usually implemented via cloud computing due to its resource intensive processing and storage requirements.
- Web application performance: Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) are fundamental to the correct functioning of web applications as they completely test the web-based system before it goes live to help address and correct errors or bugs in the system. Web application performance tools test web applications and web interfaces. These tools are used to test performance, load and stress, website, API, serves and any web interface.
With numerous tools available, there are certain subjects that must be taken into consideration when deciding what works best for a project. These areas include:
- Flexibility. To design flexible applications, the tools must be flexible as well. This flexibility entails that tools are designed to play well with external, oftentimes open source tools to enable further configuration and customization.
- Compatibility. Programming language compatibility lets developers create applications that can function properly across multiple web application development platforms.
- Speed. Fast delivery of new versions of products or services to end users due to a comprehensive use of client-server models and browsers.
- Simplicity. Simplified code fosters quick application delivery.
Web Development Stacks
Now that we’ve taken a look at the technologies, frameworks, and tools involved in web application development, you should be familiar with some of the components that make up the technology stack for web applications, such as LAMP, MEAN, CEAN and more.
The technology stack on which web applications are built on is fundamental to the success of the project.
Briefly stated, web application development is divided into two categories: frontend (everything the end user sees) and backend (the server side that powers the entire application).
The right technology stack for your project should be selected with your specific needs and requirements in mind.
Web Application Development Company
With the emergence of new web application development technologies almost every day, a top web application development company must actively attract and engage new and existing clients to optimally stay ahead of the competition.
A web application development company must harness the skills and talents of their development teams to spur evolution within the web application market while offering top-notch quality and significant reliability in their web services offering.
Svitla Systems expertise in Web Application Development Services
The Svitla Systems team of highly specialized developers can be your support system when choosing the best technology for web application development service needs. To develop and deliver a top-notch application, Svitla Systems provides you with a dedicated, highly capable team of developers that help you navigate all the available offerings and choose the best option.
The suite of Web Application Development Services offered by Svitla Systems is competent, experienced, effective, and efficient.
Want to learn more about how we can help you? Do not hesitate to contact our team of experts, we’ll be happy to assist you!
Stay informed - subscribe!
Join our newsletter and get the latest content right in your inbox once or twice per week.