SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
Svitla Systems is a proven custom software development company and testing provider. We deliver unparalleled value to our clients, who rely on our expertise in managed team extension and build-to-order software applications.
Our main office is in the heart of Silicon Valley - with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico, and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro, and Germany).
Our mission is to build a business that is not only profitable but also contributes to the well-being of our employees and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world.
- Hands-on SQL Server development (Stored Procedures, Functions etc)
- Collaborate with Product Management and other engineers on the team to make product improvements and develop new features
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and functional design specifications
- Design and develop data pipelines for new applications, improve for existing ones.
- Perform ongoing backend Database maintenance of existing applications
- Provide technical information to assist in the development of client facing product documentation
- Author and participate in application design and code reviews
- Adhere to change management protocols and version control
- Present demonstrations of new features to internal product teams as well as high level firm leadership and partners
- Bachelors degree, preferably in computer science, or engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in database development and/or software engineering
- Expert-level database development experience in SQL Server, preferably for business intelligence solutions, including writing stored procedures for complex business logic in T-SQL
- Good knowledge of Windows, optional experience in backend database administration
- Optionally, experience with Windows Powershell and CMD CLI, and Linux shell scripting
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of ETL pipelines and solutions
- Extensive experience in dealing with raw data files of various standards (CSV, EDI, etc)
- Experience in parsing and mapping unstructured data using T-SQL, or Linux/Windows CLI tools
- Optionally, but a big plus, experience in the non-DB components of full stack app development
- Knowledge of Agile development process, SVN and other change management protocols
- Exceptional analytical thinking ability, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self–discipline and willingness to learn
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We find that the most successful candidates for the Senior Database Developer position are natural and relentless problem solvers who are passionate about efficiency and quality of their work, and database and related technologies. These individuals can work well as part of small multi-disciplinary teams, have a keen interest in producing only the best output, and have good knowledge and optionally hands-on experience in full stack application development.
What we love about Svitla Systems:
- Flexible working day start & stop times.
- Competitive compensation, including equity options with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews.
- Personal time off: paid vacation and holidays. Work hard, play hard, right?
- We're very fast-paced, hard-working, and love to have fun! Our cool co-workers play soccer, poker, go skiing, biking, hiking, and so much more.
- We have tasty birthday cakes, lunch bunch and subsidized drinks and snacks, funny celebrations, team outings and unforgettable corporate events.
- We are always happy to meet the newbie colleagues and their new ideas.
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.