SENIOR SPARK SCALA DEVELOPER
SENIOR SPARK SCALA DEVELOPER
Any city, Turkey
- Strong knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- 3+ years of commercial development experience with Scala and Python.
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark, including how these technologies work under the hood.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or quantitative field, is required.
- Experience in Databricks and/or Datarobot is a big plus.
- Proficiency in distributed big data processing (batch/offline, Terabytes+).
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- A high degree of interest in analytics and machine learning.
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and another engineering best practices.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Interest in the fintech space.
- Engage with the product owner to understand requirements for new features.
- Design and develop foundational features as part of an agile development lifecycle.
- Undertake R&D on new technologies and solutions with engineering leadership.
- Identify new technologies and tools which could improve the existing SDLC process.
- Support complex business logic encoded into the data/analytics platform.
- Conduct peer code reviews.
- Support continuous build and release process.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Well-established remote culture and flexible working hours.
- No trial period.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Competitive compensation in USD gross based on skills and experience.
- B2B contract with Svitla Systems Inc. (US legal entity).
- 20 vacation days, 10 national holidays, and 5 paid sick leaves.
- 3 additional days of paid vacation for special life events (marriage, childbirth, etc).
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, and other activities.
- Free webinars, meetups, and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!
Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, Amplience, InvoiceASAP and Global Citizen. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Why hesitate? Apply now
Send your resume
Your application is received. We will contact you shortly if your resume is a perfect fit for our company.